Ohhhh Desserts and all things yummy....

Mexican Corn Bread... Jiffy quick

0
During the school year I have very little time to spend putting together meals.  Most of the day is enjoyed in helping the kids with their schoolwork and doing lessons.  As much as I adore playing in the kitchen I do like to do some other things with my free time.  This cornbread is so fast and easy to make but best of all it is super moist and all four of my kids love it.  Try it with your favorite soup or chili.
This is served with my Southwest Chili


Take 2 boxes Jiffy cornbread mix, add 1 cup shredded cheddar


Whisk 1 cup of milk with 2 eggs


Add milk/egg mixture to dry ingredients


Add 1 can creamed corn to the batter


Add 2-3 chopped jalapenos (add more if you would like spicier)


Pour mixture into heated and greased cast iron skillet


Bake in at 375 until golden brown and set



0 comments:

Post a Comment