Ohhhh Desserts and all things yummy....

Cheese Cake Danish Braids

0

I love to braid.  I used to braid my own hair everyday for school and then I turned to braiding my friends' hair.  I was blessed with 3 girls and I still love braiding, more than they would like.  


When I stated working with bread I found a new way to have fun with braiding.  I can braid rolls, breads, and pastry.  


Braiding transforms delicious baked goods into delicious works of art.  


To begin we start with my Daddy's Roll dough

Preheat the oven to 400 F


After the first rise punch it down and it is ready to shape


Using one pound of the dough, roll it out into a 16x8 inch rectangle


Spread Cream Cheese Filling Down the center


Add any other fillings (fruit preserves, caramel, chocolate)


On each side of the fillings cut the dough in to 1/2-3/4 inch strips

Begin with a strip at the top and fold over the filing.  Take a strip from the other side and fold it over the filling.  Continue to fold strips from each side over the filling, creating the braid effect.  When you get to the bottom pinch and fold under.


Brush with egg wash (whisk one egg with 1 tsp water)  and sprinkle lightly with sugar

Let rise and then put in the oven to back until Golden brown (12 minutes) 



Enjoy for dessert, breakfast, or snack!  Really you could have it at any time and don't forget to make some delicious hot cocoa to accompany it.



0 comments:

Post a Comment